After a statement made by the operator of DOTA2 Nexon that it would hold the local DOTA2 tournament with a total prize pool up to 1.77 million USD, South Korea team MVP announced today that they will officially enter DOTA2 with a new division being under way.
As a well-known DOTA2 club, MVP is consisted of many divisions such as StarCraft II team and League of Legend team with a track record on previous South Korea E-sports games. Let’s remain to see how well they will do after entering DOTA2.
Nexon has got licensed by DOTA2 for holding important tournaments, which of course will catch more attention from South Korea players, competitors and teams. At present, StarCraft II from South Korea E-sports dominates the world of and its LOL becomes the strongest competitor of China. It is believed that there will be more DOTA2 teams emerged after MVP.
Recently a painter fan of iG paints a set of original cartoon for the team, and the content is every member of iG and their skilled heroes. The painting style is very cute. Let’s have a look together.
Nowadays, with the eSport becoming increasingly popular, the eSport players’ personal incomes have been increased in different degrees. DOTA2 is an emerging eSport event. Most of DOTA2 players are good-looking and have a high income. Among them, Dendi from Na’Vi is the highest paid. Let’s take a look at the list of the top 100 highest overall earnings.
In July, the well-known American video game magazine PCGAMER will publish an article about DOTA 2. We have gotten part of the content in advance and found a piece of exciting news. According to the article, after two years of testing, Dota 2 will be formally released later this summer, prior to the International 3 in August.
Below are some related screenshots. Look at the highlighted part. It says that DOTA 2 will be formally released later this summer, prior to the International tournament in August. In addition, a prediction is also made that the last two heroes to be added before release will be Abaddon and Legion Commander.
Earlier, it was rumored that DOTA 2 would be released after all of the DOTA 1 heroes had been added to it. Now the rumor is squashed. To be honest, two years of testing is a bit long, but DOTA 2 deserves it. Now DOTA2 is of high quality. It’s time to release formally.
Not long ago, IceFrog released new version for DOTA - 6.78 which brought two new heroes and lots of changes for us (related news). Now IceFrog again announced the latest version - 6.78b. It mainly fixes some bugs to balance the game. Below are the details:
- Fixed a bug that allowed some players to control two heroes
- Fixed being unable to easily tell when Tombstone was Decrepified
- Fixed False Promise interaction with Shallow Grave
- Fixed Quelling Blade doing damage to allied wards
- Fixed the passive regen missing on Spirit Bear's Armlet
- Fixed Empty Bottle courier slow lasting a couple extra seconds after it is filled
- Fixed Buyback cooldown display not always being accurate
- Fixed Rupture hurting couriers
- Fixed some issues with targeting near units with Stone Caller
- Fixed Flak Cannon vs Gem
- Fixed Panda with Bloodstone being unable to revive
- Fixed swapping costing you an extra 100 gold if you swap after repicking a new hero
- Fixed multiple swaps costing you more gold
- Fixed Bloodrage removing Doom and stuns from allies
- Fixed Bloodrage removing Elder Dragon Form
- Fixed various tooltips
- Fixed a bug with Courier haste speed when interacting with slows
- Fixed Bloodstone charges being slightly inaccurate when activating the item manually
- Fixed Rupture piercing Shallow Grave
- Fixed False Promise interaction with Armlet and Power Treads
- Fixed Shadow Demon base int
- Fixed Mortal Strike interaction with Linken's Sphere
- Fixed an Aghnaim's Scepter droppability issue
- Fixed aoe XP/Gold with deny/neutral/suicide
- Fixed Aghanim Reaper buyback not being prevented properly if someone else gets the last hit
- Fixed some minor issues with the values on Eye of the Storm
- Fixed Geomagnetic Grip being wasted if targeting ground and no nearby Rock is found to pull